Because Life Gets Blurry

and I dont want to forget a thing.

Leading up to Birth Story February 1, 2011

Filed under: Baby,Pregnancy — Blur @ 7:56 pm
Tags: , , , , ,

Wow where do I even begin?

Its been so long since I’ve sat down to write in this blog- I wonder if any ones even reading..but it doesn’t really matter because I want to write this stuff for my own documentation. SO here goes…The birth story. Kinda. more like leading up to the birth story lol

At my 36 week(wed dec 2nd) appointment (with a doctor that was not my usual) we were to go to my appointment then hang around until our first birth class that night. We went into my appointment and they took my blood pressure and it was up a little again (it always was when I first got into my appointments) so they had me lay on my left side then they took it again after a few mins. It was still elevated and there was a trace of protein in my urine so they sent me on over to labor and delivery. They also checked me for the first time and I was at 2cm dilated and 50% effaced!!Surprised me!

They wheeled me over to L&D and they told me my doctor was the one on call which was great. They hooked me up to monitor and everything looked fine. They did blood work and it was fine. I had a slight headache so they gave me some Tylenol and we just waited around. My blood pressure was back to normal when I got to L&D.

My doctor came in and said they were going to have me do a 24 hour urine test and if that came back over 300 that they were going to induce me Wednesday when I reached full term at 37 weeks(dec. 8th).

I left that night with a big pee holder thing and a note to get out of work because the pee had to be kept refrigerated. I had to collect ALL urine for 24 hours.  We then went to our birth class which was incidentally in the same building. It went great, got some useful information, lots I already knew but hubby didn’t so that was good.

Then we went home and I followed the rules knowing that everything was fine and that the urine test would come back normal.  Friday the 4th I took it in and dropped it at the lab and saw my doctor for a follow-up. She then told me she thought I was working too much and that it would take some time to get the labs back from the urine but she thought I needed to be taken off of work. This bummed me out because I only got 6 weeks of Mat. leave and didn’t want to use it up before the baby arrived. My plan/goal was to work until he arrived so I’d have the full 6 weeks with him.

So I went on home and took it easy and got some more stuff done around the house. Then I got a call around one from my doctor saying the levels of protein came back at like 341. I was mildly pre ecclamptic. So she was putting me on bed rest until Wednesday and then I would be induced. I was shocked!! So I called the hubby and everyone else and let them know our little man would be here sooner than later. Everyone was so excited.

So I tried being on bedrest as much as possible but man that is hard to do when you have so much you want to make sure is done and in place before little man arrives. I also hadn’t done mat pictures yet and really didn’t want to miss out on documenting my belly. So I snuck out for a few (seriously like 5 pictures) with a photographer friend on that sunday and I’m sooo glad I did. I cherish those pictures so much.

This is getting long so I’ll write-up the induction in the next post…


One Response to “Leading up to Birth Story”

  1. Kez Says:

    Wow!! Can’t wait for the next instalment in your story!! How exciting!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s